SAI SEVA SANGH Milestones
The groundwork for what is SAI SEVA SANGH today was laid in August 1988, when a few like-minded people came together for a common cause to educate underprivileged children in their neighbourhood, providing free shelter to old women, and a cost free support system for a rural Special School for differently abled.
To educate the underprivileged children, the slum that we Chose was surrounded by small scale industries. With no formal system or infrastructure in place, all that was there was a purpose to get together as many children as we could from the slums nearby, and teach them how to read and write.
We started with 26 children. We also introduced extracurricular activities such as art, dance and sports to expose the children to learning opportunities that would go beyond the regular academic curriculum.
As an off shoot of the school logically led to starting of an Orphanage for girl children who lost either one or both their parents to tragic circumstances beyond their control.
The main objectives of Sai Seva Sangh are :
- To stress the importance of education to children and families and to be facilitators in ensuring that every child attends school.
- To provide holistic learning to the underprivileged in order to maximize their potential.
- To instil confidence and self-esteem through exposure to art, dance, sports and other activities.
- To be a stepping stone for children and young adults towards a better employment and a better quality of life.
- To provide for Old Women, to lead a dignified life in society and experience the love and care of a family.
- To provide avenues for selfsustenance to Special Children through vocational training for self-employment and taking care of their daily needs.
Over the years we have grown to meet the educational needs of children and youth in low-income communities. So far we have reached out to over 9000 beneficiaries. All our programmes are directed towards providing access to quality education, skill development to provide opportunities of a brighter future for our beneficiaries.